I’m really not sure where the last week has gone.
I was caught up in a whirlwind of work, family, furniture moving, and I’m not quite sure what else. Fortunately I spotted a new Classics Club spin ….
…. and now here I am with my list.
Five books by authors I want to know but have yet to read
1. Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov (1859)
2. Hester by Margaret Oliphant (1873)
3. Fidelity by Susan Glaspell (1915)
4. The World is Not Enough by Zoe Oldenbourg (1946)
5. Fenny by Lettice Cooper (1953)
Five books that I’ve started but never finished
6. Old Goriot by Honore Balzac (1835)
7. Villette by Charlotte Bronte (1853)
8. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (1862)
9. The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf (1915)
10. Kristin Lavransdattir by Sigrid Undset (1922)
Five Virago Modern Classics
11. Belinda by Rhoda Broughton (1883)
12. The Edwardians by Vita Sackville-West (1930)
13. The Weather in the Streets by Rosamond Lehmann (1936)
14. The World My Wilderness by Rose Macaulay (1950)
15. A Game of Hide and Seek by Elizabeth Taylor (1951)
Five books from my list for the Women’s Classic Literature Event
16. The Three Miss Kings by Ada Cambridge (1891)
17. A Struggle for Fame by Charlotte Riddell (1883)
18. Crossriggs by Jane and Mary Findlater (1908)
19. The Knight of Cheerful Countenance by Molly Keane (1926)
20. Daddy’s Gone A-Hunting by Penelope Mortimer (1958)
…. and now I must wait to see what my book will be ….